Senior Director, Product Management
About the role:
Beamly is a data-first technology company with IP and expertise centred around end-to-end data capabilities ranging from infrastructure to platforms to applications. Our product vision mirrors our company mission: Bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who epitomise our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
As Senior Director of Product Management, your role has the potential to be a game-changer for the business, and to set new standards for customer engagement and customer experience. As Beamly envisions its next material wave of growth, there will be important choices to make around capacity and prioritisation in relation to new B2C and B2B opportunities which you will lead to define, refine and execute. Towards delivering our objectives, you will be empowered with shaping a new Product structure and recruiting accordingly.
What you'll do:
Mandate & Scope:
The Senior Director of Product Management will hold a critical leadership role within Beamly.
The seasoned leader coming into the role will be in charge of defining Beamly’s IP and Product strategy and delivering through a suite of build, buy and ally capabilities.
The focus of the role will be on owning the evolution and delivery of Beamly’s:
- Product structure and recruitment: As Beamly envisions its next material wave of growth, how should the existing product team be enhanced with the associated recruitment implications?
- Best-in-class processes & ways of working: How can our recent evolution in planning processes and utilisation of JTBDs (Jobs To Be Done) be further translated into a hardening of product philosophy and velocity?
- IP & Product strategy: Starting from our current vision and product strategy, where and how do we sharpen our focus and investments? What are the areas of IP where Beamly can deliver unique and differentiated value?
- P&L amplification: With current gross revenues into 8 figures, another priority is translating product development into faster revenue and margin growth.
Reporting & relationships:
- This role reports to Alex Rahin, Beamly’s Chief Product & Technology Officer, based in London, Covent Garden
- The role will involve working as part of the Beamly executive team and very closely with the Commercial and Engineering teams. It will also entail regular interactions with Coty CEO and Executive Committee including divisional Presidents and S/VPs.
- Lead defining and delivering Beamly’s Product strategy from vision to execution plan, typically delivered in the form of written narratives and business plans.
- Define and prioritise use cases and user journeys and associated capabilities to drive KPIs.
- Manage “build, buy and ally” capability decision making to best unlock IP ownership and time to market through Beamly’s unique access to different partnerships.
- Own and develop the Product roadmap across Beamly’s Product & Engineering organization.
- Lead and develop the Product Management team and Product Design team at Beamly. Act as key stakeholder with Data Science team and Business Analysis team.
- Establish shared product vision across the company by building consensus on product execution.
- Own and refine ‘best practice’ policies and procedures across the global product management organisation.
- Perform Voice Of Customer, competitive analysis, usability studies, research and market analysis and integrate them across product requirements to deliver new user experiences and drive growth across Beamly’s clients.
- Partner with the Engineering organisation to ensure that new products are built on time, at budget, and in a highly efficient manner.
- Champion and grow the strong product-oriented culture within the business.
Competencies and Preferred Attributes:
- Leadership & Vision: Ability to develop the vision and to inspire & lead Product, Data Science and Business Analysis teams. Drives excellence through skilful prioritisation and allocation of the problems to be solved amongst adequately resourced teams. .
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to adopt a range of styles, tools and techniques and to vary these subject to the audience and content at stake.
- Highly Analytical Thinking: Ability to simplify complex problems or projects into component parts, exploring and evaluating them systematically.
- Agile Decision Making: Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision. Hungry for data rather than opinions to make informed decisions.
- Team work: Highly collaborative, constructive attitude and approach.
- Planning and Organising: Ability to think ahead to establish efficient and appropriate courses of action for self and others. Able to delegate effectively whilst overseeing team & work planning.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince and persuade others in a way that results in agreement or behavioural change.
- Resilience: Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, challenging deadlines, increased workload, set-backs or when dealing with difficult situations. Approach to work is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- At least 10+ years previous experience in technology product development for a variety of companies and a proven track record of successful products under your belt.
- Relevant Product leadership & team management experience.
- Either or both B2B or/and Consumer-facing B2C product development experience.
- Complete, in-depth understanding of the software/technology development lifecycle.
- Proven track record leading product delivery in an agile development environment.
- Have a good understanding of digital marketing and AdTech ecosystems.
What it’s like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from:
- Very competitive pay packages because we hire the very best
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days holiday per annum + Extra day holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Our hiring process:
We believe that diverse teams build better products and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45-minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered