Midweight UI Designer - Beauty & Fragrances
About the Role:
As a UI Designer within the Consumer Experiences Tribe, you will be working within a cross-functional product design team, collaborating with Product Design Leads, UX & UI Designers, Software Engineers, QA Testers and Product Managers. You will help the team design beautiful interfaces that improve user experiences and solve business challenges for some of the world's best known and loved beauty and fragrance brands, e.g. Rimmel, Max Factor, CoverGirl and Marc Jacobs Fragrances.
You’ll be part of a Product Design Chapter and your focus on researching, proposing and creating components tailored for Coty’s beauty brand portfolio. We’re working on developing great experiences that include design systems, conversational interfaces and other emerging technologies, with the ultimate goal to help the brands to extend and translate their creative direction to digital products. We also invest in your career development by giving you opportunity to explore new tools as well as generous training budget to keep your skills up to date.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering high quality, consistent layouts, interfaces and components for our client’s online presence using the latest industry software for flats and prototyping (currently Sketch, Abstract and Principle)
- Iterating on and maintaining UI deliverables including Sketch files, component libraries, high-fidelity prototypes, micro-interaction specifications and design system updates.
- Collaborating and supporting other designers to create compelling user interfaces for brand website, app release or conversational experience; also to encourage user research for any design work that pushes the status quo.
- Being confident in your design choices and communicating your rationale to other designers, product managers and stakeholders, and being happy to take on and evaluate feedback.
- Working with and taking direction from the Product Design Lead and manager on projects related to their dedicated work streams
- Ensuring design choices are data-led by identifying assumptions to test, then working with UX researchers to plan moderated usability test sessions.
- Designing beautiful, responsive, accessible interfaces – understanding when to create something new, and when adopting common interface patterns will be more beneficial for the user experience.
- Building relationships with developers by following a clear handover process and regularly pairing on design reviews
- Participating in team stand ups, sprint planning sessions and retros
- Ensuring design guidelines are followed, whether these are Beamly’s design values or a brand’s creative guidelines
- Working with other designers to update and maintain a consistent design system that can be used across Beamly products.
- Presenting your work to the wider business at Beamly rituals including team demos each sprint and Show & Tell.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Have a portfolio that displays an excellent use of typography, colour, imagery, information architecture and a keen eye for detail
- Are an expert user of Sketch, including shared libraries and styles (required)
- Are familiar with file versioning, e.g. Abstract (highly desired)
- Are great with Adobe CC, especially Photoshop/Illustrator
- You have some experience in UI animation (e.g. Principle, After Effects, SVG animation) (highly desired)
- Are familiar with Atomic and component-based design, and understand front-end markup
- Have experience working in an Agile environment, using JIRA/Confluence and sizing tickets in planning meetings
- Have a strong understanding of UX principles and processes
- Strive for beautiful visuals and beautifully simple functionality - you always want to delight the user
- Are comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders with experience working on large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and presenting design work effectively to non-design focused stakeholders for approval /buy-in
- Have experience working with localised products or multi-national clients/products
- Have experience designing across at least two OS platforms (Responsive web, iOS and/or Android) at multiple sizes/breakpoints with emphasis on mobile UI design
- Has experience working with UX Research and UX Design to help integrate findings, UX best practice and other user centric recommendations into compelling UI designs.
- Are nice :)
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Beamly is an agency with four pillars: Website and eCommerce (where you’ll be working), Marketing Science, Content Foundry and Media Optimisation.
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, and get the whole company together for Friday 'Show and Tell' with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high-spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Our hiring process:
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 30 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there's a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered