Insights Analyst (Social Media Focus)
Powering brand results through data driven consumer experiences.
Beamly is a global product and MarTech agency and part of Coty, Inc. We deliver end-to-end marketing through a four-pillar ecosystem, using marketplace signals to inform richer content creation, optimised paid media, and effective, engaging consumer experiences.
We build multi-disciplinary teams and empower them to create engaging campaigns, best-in-class websites, and disruptive digital products, driven by metrics like basket size, frequency, CPX and customer lifetime value.
We have a large, dynamic & fast growing International team, headquartered in UK with a US hub in New York City and teams in local markets.
As an Insights Analyst, US at Beamly (within our Consumer Beauty division), you’ll manage assigned projects and clients across key cosmetics brands within Coty portfolio, staying up to date with existing and emerging social channels and delivering high levels of service to internal teams and clients. On a daily basis, you’ll find yourself analyzing digital channels and monitoring online conversations for critical emerging trends, using various analytical tools, producing insight presentations, dashboard reports and supporting key outputs back to brand teams.
You will be required to present clear findings from campaigns and work with the Senior Insights Manager and Account Management function to ensure the findings are translated into actionable outcomes for the clients.
The Beamly US Consumer Beauty division scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
- Marketing Science: Transforming complex signals and data sets into actionable insights using 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns
- Creative/Content: Creative that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners
- Media Optimization: Creative that enables real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns per brand objectives
- Website and eCommerce: Creative for next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation
- Provide client and competitive reporting including weekly, monthly and mid-campaign analytics.
- Identify and deliver industry or campaign related metrics, benchmarks, and projections related to a specific proposal.
Rapid business requirement gathering
- Work with project stakeholders (internal and external) to gather requirements for data analysis or deployment of existing tools
- Collaborate with project team members to write prioritized business requirements documentation, including scope definition and statement of work
Data analysis and implementation of analytic solutions
- Serve as subject matter expert in various social listening tools to glean insights, trends and interest topics that can inform potential creative, content, product innovation, messaging and audience testing for key Coty Brands
- Develop meaningful and actionable insights based on analyzed data to inform business decisions
- Utilize Crimson Hexagon, Socialbakers, and other social focused listening and analytics platforms for analysis
- Support the improvement in social analytic methodologies and deliverables
- Maintain catalogued metrics within campaign database and leverage the archived data to improve upon for future campaigns
- Establish/follow necessary process in analysis methods (surveys, sampling, balanced design, statistical significance)
- Scrub data points, marry disparate data segments and sources together, and visualize data using reporting/visualization tools
- Develop familiarity with and understand benefits of ad measurement, campaign effect surveys, media mix / attribution modelling
- Perform internal team projects and duties as assigned or required
- Applicants should be Self-motivated to succeed, hungry to learn and passionate about digital, data and technology and ‘how things work’.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, information management, social sciences or business/marketing related fields.
- Eager to learn new technologies and a passion for using data driven approaches to marketing
- Knowledge of digital measurement companies and their offerings.
- Experience visualizing data using reporting/visualization tools.
- Some knowledge of ad measurement, campaigns effect surveys, media mix / attribution modelling
- Aptitude for translating analysis into actionable insights
- Can work across a team and collaborate effectively to get the job done
- Have a pro-active approach and be continuously looking for innovative opportunities
- Good presentation writing skills desirable
The following behaviours and characteristics are key to success in the job. Post holders are expected to demonstrate all these competencies when fully developed into the role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social listening tools (Crimson Hexagon, Synthesio, NetBase, or other)
- Ensure all projects are statistically sound and data sets are clean/comprehensive
This document is designed to convey some of the main elements of the named role. The tasks involved in the role are not limited to what is described above. Additional tasks may be required of the role-holder. As a role develops, job requirements may change, and Beamly appreciates the flexibility of all employees should this be the case.