Head of Insight & Analytics – Europe
London, Covent Garden
About the Role:
The Head of Insight & Analytics runs a team of Insight Analysts and Data Analysts who together deliver data-driven, actionable insights to Beamly clients. The team primarily focuses on campaign and media strategy, digital consumer behaviour, and digital marketing execution. Working closely with the Marketing Science leadership team, this role is pivotal in defining and shaping the innovative use of data across Beamly and its clients.
In Marketing Science at Beamly, we are driven by 4 key principles:
- Avid Curiosity
Data is our raw material; we relentlessly mine it for new insights to power brand results. We believe in experimentation and exploration, bringing quantitative evidence to decisions. We constantly look for new ways to gather data and new methodologies to surface insights.
- Scalable solutions
We follow the DRY principle (don’t repeat yourself), looking always to find ways to scale what we do. We seek to automate where ever possible to focus expert input on the most valuable output. Reproducible analysis is at the heart of our approach.
- Applied insights
Beamly is a data-first organization, powered by insights from the Marketing Science team. We undertake research and analysis where there is a clear path to action. We empower our colleagues and clients with the data and insights they need to make better decisions and take better actions.
- Audience first
We understand that insights are only valuable when they are understood. We tailor outputs to the needs of the audience, summarizing and simplifying or depth and detail as required. Our outputs are visually engaging and lean on visualization to tell clear narratives.
We combine these principles to deliver game-changing insights that our clients both love and can immediately understand how they deliver results.
What you'll do:
Delivering intelligent insights
- Work directly with business customers to understand their needs and priorities and ensure our work delivers
- Draw on data and information from a variety or sources, both internal to Beamly and from the client, to create a comprehensive picture of the customer
- Work with team to build amazing reports and presentations that clearly commicate insights and actions.
- Ensure that all market research activity undertaken by the team is high-quality and appropriate to the business question
- Liaise closely with the CMI team at Coty to develop Insights roadmaps
Uncovering insights with advanced analytics
- Work with Principal Data Scientist at Beamly to create reproducible approachs to analysis that can scale
- Work with team to develop analysis plans for projects that ensure insights are robust and evidence-based
- Ensure that standardised reporting approaches enable clients to self-serve their insight needs
Building and inspiring the team
- Lead and inspire a team with a broad range of skills cross the data and insight spectrum.
- Recruit and train new members of the team in Beamly approaches to Insight and Analytics
- Manage the workload of the team to ensure requests are delivered to time and budget
- Work with VP Marketing Science to run the P&L for the team in Europe.
- Work closely with the Beamly Data Intelligence Tribe to ensure they are designing and developing data products that meet the needs of the Marketing Science team.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Experience in running quantitative market research studies, in particular using social listening and surveys
- Experience in marketing analysis, including campaign evaluation and brand studies
- Have a strong understanding of consumer behaviours and attitudes
- Expert in the interpretation of complex results and turning data into insights
- Expert in presenting results of analysis to audiences with variable levels of data understanding
- Client-focused and able to understand and empathise with their needs
- Confident communicator and able to represent Marketing Science to Beamly clients
- Proficiency in SQL and using databases to access information
- Able to deliver at speed and on time with high degree of accuracy
- Collaborative and constructive approach to working with different teams.
- Experience working with inferential statistics, predictive modelling, and econometrics
- Experience working with insight & analytics in a large organisation
- Experience within the Beauty industry
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.