Mid-Weight UI Designer
About The Role:
As a Mid-Weight UI Designer you will work within a Product Design Team fused with engineering, product and data talent. You will help the team design beautiful interfaces that improve user experiences and solve business challenges across a range of areas from e-commerce, dynamic personalisation, recommendations, trends and future commerce for some of the world's best known and loved beauty and fragrance brands.
You are part of a fast-growing design team, that includes both Product and Creative outputs, the role is tasked with the development a broad range of digital products and services.
The current Beamly Product strategy scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Products and services that utilise 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns.
Content Foundry: Products and services that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners.
Media Optimisation: Products and services that enable real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives.
Website and eCommerce: Products and services that deliver next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation.
What you'll do:
- Design and communicate the visual direction of the user experience within your product team.
- Maintain quality at all stages of the design process and ensure that when designs are translated into code they accurately reflect the design specifications.
- Accurately estimate design tickets during planning sessions.
- Communicate your design rationale to product managers, UX designers, researchers, analysts and project stakeholders and be confident to defend your design choices.
- Contribute to sketching sessions involving non designers.
- Create, iterate and maintain UI deliverables including sketch files, style guides, high fidelity prototypes, micro interaction specifications and pattern libraries.
- Ensure your designs meet Beamly’s accessibility standards.
- Ensure design choices are data led by identifying assumptions to test each sprint, and work with the UX designer in your team to plan moderated usability test sessions.
- Design pixel perfect responsive interfaces and understand when adopting common interface patterns will help improve the user experience.
- Regularly pair with developers on design reviews and make changes within the browser.
- When working with Coty brands ensure design guidelines are followed.
- Work closely with the creative side of the design team to ensure creative content is being considered and integrated into the product teams work.
- Work with other UI designers to establish a consistent design system that can be used across Beamly products.
- Present your work to the wider business at Beamly rituals including Tech Share and Show & Tell.
- Reports directly to the Head of Product Design.
- Should attend fortnightly 1 to 1 meeting with the Head of Product Design.
What you'll bring to the table:
The following statements are true from the day you start this role.
- You have at least 2 years experience working as a UI Designer, preferably working with beauty, fragrance and fashion brands.
- You have experience using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision and Principle (or similar).
- You have some previous experience working in an agile environment.
- You are familiar using Jira and Confluence in your workflow.
- You have an understanding of front end markup (HTML/CSS).
- You have used UX principles and processes on a previous project.
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered